Even if you don’t know a soul in town there are a lot of ways to meet people and share Thanksgiving. DoSomething.org has some great ideas.
- Help out the local Meals on Wheels in your area or serve dinner at a shelter nearby.
- Run a Turkey Trot, usually they benefit various charities, a lot of fun
- Invite someone to your feast who you know has no place to go.
- Remember, a lot of people have to work on the holiday so why not drop by the fire dept or police station and take them some dessert or flowers and thank them.
- Visit a hospital, but call ahead to arrange.
- If you don’t like hospitals, visit a retirement home again call first.
- and you can always just pick up the phone and thank someone you’ve been meaning to call.