Fans of GRAMMY Award winning artist Smokey Robinson are in for a real treat with his new duets album entitled Smokey & Friends.
The album will feature not only music the legendary singer/songwriter has released on his own, but also songs he has written for other artists through the years including The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, and of course his group The Miracles.
Joining Robinson on his new duets album is a roster of big name artists such as John Legend, Sir Elton John, James Taylor, Mary J. Blige, John Mayer, Ledisi and many others.
We get a little taste of what to expect from the album with one of the tracks featuring Smokey Robinson and John Legend performing the title track from Robinson’s 1975 album Quiet Storm. Listen below:
The full track list for Smokey & Friends:
1. The Tracks Of My Tears (Elton John)
2. You Really Got A Hold On Me (Steven Tyler)
3. My Girl (Miguel, Aloe Blacc, JC Chasez)
4. Cruisin’ (Jessie J)
5. Quiet Storm (John Legend)
6. The Way You Do(The Things You Do) (CeeLo Green)
7. Being With You (Mary J. Blige)
8. Ain’t That Peculiar (James Taylor)
9. The Tears Of A Clown (Sheryl Crow)
10. Ooh Baby Baby (Ledisi)
11. Get Ready (Gary Barlow)
Smokey & Friends is out August 19th and you can pre-order the album here .