The season may have just wrapped a couple months ago, but The Hollywood Bowl gives music lovers a reason to look forward to the return of warm summer nights by announcing the 2013 season lineup!
Dozens of acts will grace the amphitheater’s iconic open air stage and browsing through the season calendar, we spotted a few notable artists that are a must-see for our WAVE listeners!
Take a look at some of the smooth acts to catch during the Bowl’s 2013 season and mark your calendars for a busy summer of music!
- July 2, 3 & 4: Josh Groban 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
- July 9: Queen Latifah and Roy Ayers
- July 14: Rodrigo y Gabriela
- July 17: Sergio Mendes, Herb Alpert & Lani Hall
- July 31: Props to Pops: Dr. John’s Tribute to Louis Armstrong
- August 2: Tony Bennett
- August 7: Steve Martin, Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Madeleine Peyroux
- August 14: An Evening with Natalie Cole
- August 18: Smooth Summer Jazz: Dave Koz & Friends Summer Horns Tour 2013
- August 21: Buddy Guy, Funky Meters
- September 11: George Benson: An Unforgettable Tribute to Nat King Cole with Dianne Reeves
- September 13, 14 & 15: Fireworks Finale: Earth, Wind & Fire
In addition to these spectacular acts lined up this season, the Bowl will host its season regulars like the Playboy Jazz Festival, Grease Sing-A-Long, John Williams, and plenty of classical/orchestral nights under the stars.
To see the full concert season calendar at The Hollywood Bowl and details on tickets, click here.