Well, it’s that time of the season when we say goodbye to the current year and usher in the new, which means taking one final look back at the biggest highlights over the year.
It was no doubt a huge year in music, and on the Billboard Year-End Charts, the year’s best of the best have been calculated using custom formulas to collect sales, streaming and radio play to see which songs and albums made the biggest splash.
Topping the top ten smooth songs of 2012 was WAVE artist Peter White, who released his album Here We Go in March, with his title song being named No.1 of the year. White beat out other notable artists on the year-end list including David Benoit, Jeff Lorber Fusion and Paul Brown.
“It was always a dream of mine to work with David,” Peter writes on his website after learning of the honor. “And that dream came true and now what an honour it is to get this accolade from Billboard.”
Clearly, he was excited when hearing the news his song was No.1 of the year and shared his delight with his fans.
Peter stopped in at The WAVE studios this week with his good friend/musician Mindi Abair to help spread some holiday cheer leading up to his ‘Peter White Christmas’ show at Downey Civic Theatre. Click here to listen to Peter and Mindi perform “Frosty The Snowman”!
Billboard’s top 10 Smooth Songs of 2012
- Peter White — “Here We Go”
- Jeff Lorber Fusion — “Big Brother”
- David Benoit — “Feelin’ It”
- Chris Standring — “Oliver’s Twist”
- Paul Brown — “The Funky Joint”
- Jeff Lorber Fusion — “City”
- Gerald Albright / Norman Brown — “In The Moment”
- Julian Vaughn — “On Your Feet”
- Vincent Ingala — “Can’t Stop Now”
- Cindy Bradley — “Deja Blue”