Talaya’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day sponsored by Spaghettini: Tiramisu
All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie and their very special guest, Dave Koz! Plus, the cocktail pairing recommended for each dish!
Today’s dish is Tiramisu and paired with a delicious Italian Coffee.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat Prescott announces the WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the correct caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a $100 Spaghettini gift certificate!
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
CHECK BACK SOON FOR THE VIDEO!
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 pound Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
24 lady finger cookies
2 cups of Espresso (cooled)
You’ll need a medium glass dish and pastry bag for this recipe.
- In a mixer, add the egg yolks and mix until fluffy. Add the sugar until mixed thoroughly, then add the Mascarpone cheese and the heavy cream.
- Place cream mixture in the pastry bag.
- Quickly dip the ladyfingers in the espresso and place on a separate dish
- Start building the tiramisus by laying down 1/4 inch of the Mascarpone cream mixture.
- Cover with a layer of ladyfingers followed by more cream. Keep building up the dish until nearly full. Use a pastry spatula to smooth the top layer and then lightly dust with cocoa powder.
- Place in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving
Italian Coffee Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. Amaretto
.5 oz. brandy
Coffee, fresh whipped cream
Italian Coffee Directions:
- Pour freshly brewed coffee into your favorite mug or glass.
- Add brandy and amaretto to the coffee.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and enjoy!
For other dishes by Spaghettini click here.