Talaya’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day sponsored by Spaghettini: Lemon Shrimp Tagliatelle Pasta with Grilled Tomato Bruschetta
All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie and their very special guest, Dave Koz! Plus, the cocktail pairing recommended for each dish!
Today’s dish is Lemon Shrimp Tagliatelle Pasta with Grilled Tomato Bruschetta and is paired with a limoncello martini.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat Prescott announces the WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the correct caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a $100 Spaghettini gift certificate!
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe
Lemon Shrimp Tagliatelle Pasta Ingredients:
1 pound fresh tagliatelle pasta
2 tbs. olive oil
8 oz. of 26-30 Mexican white shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 pint of mixed baby heirloom tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 T. diced garlic
5 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup dry white wine
salt and white pepper
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 cups of baby arugula
Lemon Shrimp Tagliatelle Pasta Directions:
- Have ready a large pot with boiling slated water
- In a medium skillet on high, add the olive oil
- When hot, add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes until almost cooked but not completely
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, garlic and lemon juice
- While the sauce is reducing, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and slowly add the butter
- Add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook for about one minute
- Remove the pasta from the water and add to the skillet with the other ingredients
- Toss thoroughly and then top with the arugula
- Briefly toss and serve right away
Grilled Tomato Bruschetta Ingredients:
12 ripe Roma tomatoes
1 shallot, diced
1 t. garlic, diced
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 T.
salt and pepper
Cibatta bread, sliced
6 leave of fresh basil, julienne cut
Grilled Tomato Bruschetta Directions:
- Have a large pot of boiling salted water ready, as well as a large bowl of ice water
- Make a cross along the top of each tomato
- Place in the boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes then remove and put in the ice bath
- When cool, peel off the skins, cut in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut into cubes and place in a bowl o the side
- In a separate bowl, add the shallots, garlic, Balsamic.
- Whisk in the olive oil until everything is incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Be sure to taste it to make sure it is not too acidic from the Balsamic. If so, add more olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes and let marinate for twenty minutes, covered in the refrigerator
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to medium.
- Brush the Ciabatta bread with the additional olive oil and let it soak in
- Place on grill for 30 to 40 seconds on each side
- Top the bread with tomatoes that have been strained with a slotted spoon
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Top with the basil and serve
Limoncello Martini Ingredients:
3 oz. Vodka
1 t. Simple syrup
1 oz. Limoncello
Lemon slices for garnish
Limoncello Martini Directions:
- Place vokda, simple syrup, and limencello in a martini shaker and shake to combine
- Pour into a sugar rimmed martini glass
- Place a lemon slice on for garnish