All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie and their very special guest, Dave Koz! Plus, the cocktail pairing recommended for each dish!
Today’s dish is kurobuta pork Sicilian meatballs. This dish is paired with a Negroni cocktail.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat Prescott announces the WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the correct caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a $100 Spaghettini gift certificate!
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
Kurobuta pork Sicilian meatballs ingredients:
1 pound Kurobuta ground pork
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
2 T. minced garlic
2 T. white pepper
2 T. kosher salt
1 cup whole milk
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Kurobuta pork Sicilian meatballs directions:
- In a small mixer, combine the pork, onion, parsley, Parmigiano -Reggiano, garlic, pepper, salt and eggs. Mix well.
- Slowly add the milk until all the ingredients are incorporated, and then mix in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a sheet pan, cover with plastic and let rest for one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet on high and add the olive oil.
- Start hand rolling the meatballs (about 1 oz. each) and place in skillet, turning constantly so that they are golden brown.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- You can keep meatballs warm by placing in large pot of warm Marinara sauce.
Negroni cocktail ingredients:
1 1/2 ounces each of gin, campari and sweet vermouth
Negroni cocktail directions:
- Pour into a shaker then over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a mint sprig.