Talaya’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day sponsored by Spaghettini: Big Fat Greek Omelette with Country Potatoes
All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie and their very special guest, Dave Koz! Plus, the cocktail pairing recommended for each dish!
Today’s dish is a Big Fat Greek Omelette, served with country potatoes. This dish is paired with a Metaxa mojito, which is a blend of brandy and wine.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat Prescott announces the WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the correct caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a $100 Spaghettini gift certificate!
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
Greek Omelette Ingredients:
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
1 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Grape tomatoes
2 T. Olive oil
i t. dried Oregano
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup Red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup Green bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup Black olives
Greek Omelette Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Heat olive oil in large iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Add peppers, olives and tomatoes and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes
- Add oregano and half the spinach
- Whisk the eggs and add to the pan. Cook until almost cooked through
- Add feta cheese and the rest of the spinach, and place skillet in oven for about 3 minutes
Country Potatoes Ingredients:
5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
4 T. olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Country Potatoes Directions:
- Cut the potatoes in 1/3 inch cubes and boil in salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Strain the potatoes from the water and carefully add to the oil. Cook for five to ten minutes until well browned
- Toss with the chopped parsley
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Metaxa Mojito Ingredients:
4 mint sprigs
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ounces Metaxa
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
Metaxa Mojito Directions:
- Muddle mint in a glass cocktail shaker with brown sugar and lime.
- Add Metaxa, lemon juice and ice.
- Shake and strain onto an ice filled glass.
- Garnish with mint and lime slices.