All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie and their very special guest, Dave Koz! Plus, the cocktail pairing recommended for each dish!
Today’s dish is a Big Fat Greek Omelette, served with country potatoes. This dish is paired with a Metaxa mojito, which is a blend of brandy and wine.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat Prescott announces the WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the correct caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a $100 Spaghettini gift certificate!
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
Greek Omelette Ingredients:
1/4 cup Feta Cheese
1 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Grape tomatoes
2 T. Olive oil
i t. dried Oregano
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup Red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup Green bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup Black olives
Greek Omelette Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Heat olive oil in large iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Add peppers, olives and tomatoes and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes
- Add oregano and half the spinach
- Whisk the eggs and add to the pan. Cook until almost cooked through
- Add feta cheese and the rest of the spinach, and place skillet in oven for about 3 minutes
Country Potatoes Ingredients:
5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
4 T. olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
Country Potatoes Directions:
- Cut the potatoes in 1/3 inch cubes and boil in salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Strain the potatoes from the water and carefully add to the oil. Cook for five to ten minutes until well browned
- Toss with the chopped parsley
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Metaxa Mojito Ingredients:
4 mint sprigs
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ounces Metaxa
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
Metaxa Mojito Directions:
- Muddle mint in a glass cocktail shaker with brown sugar and lime.
- Add Metaxa, lemon juice and ice.
- Shake and strain onto an ice filled glass.
- Garnish with mint and lime slices.