Happy Birthday, Al Green! His Top Five Hits About ‘Love And Happiness’
The music of Al Green has stayed with us for generations, and what better way to honor this illustrious soul singer on his 66th birthday by paying tribute to the songs that inspire, make us smile and fall in love time and time again! Add some positive energy to your Friday the 13th and celebrate the music of Al Green!
1. “Let’s Stay Together” — Al’s first No.1 hit on both the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B charts in 1971. His signature hit has sparked numerous covers over the years, even from President Barack Obama.
2. “I’m Still In Love With You” — Considered one of his most popular songs, this 1972 hit peaked at No.3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No.1 on the R&B charts.
3. “You Ought To Be With Me” — Selling over one million albums, this soulful love ballad could practically sweep women right off their feet when Al sings “you ought to be with me until I die.”
4. “Livin’ For You” — This hit about a man asking his love for forgiveness because he will “spend my life holdin’ you, lovin’ you” forever peaked at No.1 on the R&B charts in 1973.
5. “Love and Happiness” — The power of love will “make you do right” or “make you do wrong,” but there can’t be anything bad about a little love and happiness in the world.