Talaya’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day sponsored by Spaghettini: Jumbo Shrimp Scampi
All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini Grill & Lounge in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie! Plus, the perfect wine pairing is recommended for each dish.
[photogallerylink id=42620 align=left]
Today’s dish is jumbo shrimp scampi.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat & Kim announce my WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for me to give the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the 9th caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a pair of tickets to see Smooth Summer Jazz featuring Dave Koz and Friends at the Hollywood Bowl on August 14th.
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
1/4 pound spaghetti
5 jumbo shrimp
5 jumbo asparagus
1 large garlic clove, minced
5 T. chopped parsley
2 T. garlic butter (recipe to follow)
2 T. lemon butter sauce (recipe to follow)
2 T. olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup fresh basil, julienne cut
- Cook spaghetti per package directions, drain and set aside.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail on, set aside.
- In a separate pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes, strain and immediately put into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry the asparagus and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill the asparagus.
- In a large sauté pan, add the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil on medium high and add the shrimp, wine, and garlic butter for 5 minutes, or until cooked through but not over cooked.
- In a serving bowl, toss the spaghetti with the lemon butter and asparagus.
- Place the shrimp on top of the pasta and garnish with the basil.
1/2 cup melted butter
3 T. white wine
1 tsp. crushed garlic & parsley
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper
In a medium sauce pan, add:
1 diced shallot
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 T. white wine
Salt & pepper
Cook until reduced by 1/3
Add 1 cup unsalted butter until melted and set aside
See which wine Laurie paired this dish with on the next page.