All this week, we’re featuring recipes from Spaghettini Grill & Lounge in Seal Beach, many of which you may recognize from the menu at our Sunday Brunch! Each recipe is complete with a how to instructional video featuring the owners of Spaghettini, Cary & Laurie! Plus, the perfect wine pairing is recommended for each dish.
[photogallerylink id=42329 align=left]
Today’s dish is penne pasta with chicken and tomato vodka sauce.
Every weekday morning at 8:00, Pat & Kim announce my WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day. Then during the WAVE Cafe starting at noon, listen for me to give the cue to call 1-800-520-WAVE (9283).
If you’re the 9th caller and know today’s WAVE Cafe Dish of the Day, you win this week’s prize, a pair of tickets to see Smooth Summer Jazz featuring Dave Koz and Friends at the Hollywood Bowl on August 14th.
Watch below how to prepare today’s recipe:
1 pound of dried penne pasta
2 roasted tomatoes (directions to follow)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. butter
2 T. grated Parmesan
1/4 cup of good marinara sauce
3 T. vodka
Salt & pepper
1 baked bone-in chicken breast (directions to follow)
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water per package directions.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan on high and add butter until bubbling but not burned.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken, and vodka and cook until the vodka has evaporated.
- Add the marinara sauce, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss together.
- Cut a cross on top of tomatoes and cook in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool, then peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Cut into cubes, marinate in salt, pepper, and olive oil, and then bake on sheet pan in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil and cook in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then remove the skin and bones, pulling meat apart with your fingers.
- Set aside.
See which wine Laurie paired this dish with on the next page.